Tips for traveling to Alto Mayo
To travel to the jungle, you must have the following considerations:
- Wear light clothing suitable for temperatures in the area. You should always carry a light jacket and a raincoat in case it rains and the temperatures drop at any moment.
- You must wear bug spray.
- Clothing and towel, if you fancy a swim in a river.
- If in your plans this access and explore the virgin jungle large areas, be sure to get vaccinated against yellow fever.
- Bring water and slip resistant shoes.
- If you are fond of fishing, carry your hooks and fishing rod.
- During your stay Hydrate with bottled water or running water, never standing water.
- If you go swimming in a rushing river, I was cautious and ask the people which is the shallowest and safest area. Never enter the water if you are alone.
- If you carry your phone, be sure to make your calls in the city, because in some places there is no coverage.